Friday, September 9, 2011

It is wonderful to be here

It never gets old explaining why I'm here.

I've been asked many times why I came out to Cincinnati of all places to start a career.

I don't think they understand how beautiful their city truly is.

Hills that are tower one thousand feet over downtown. A skyline set in a valley next to a beautiful river. And a countryside...a real kentucky countryside that is 15 minutes away in any direction.

It is wonderful to be here.

It seems people take for granted this area they live in. Most have grown up here their entire life. And they went to UC, UK, Ohio State, and a couple other neighboring schools. These people don't even know what a Terrapin is. They will never know or understand  that Juan Dixon was the best player in any NCAA tournament history. A Terrapin is someone who see's the beauty and wonder of what they are given. They don't have to sign the top recruiting class win. They already know they have something wonderful. They take what they have and develop it. They make it their own. And they become champions.

This is not to say I am in no way better than anyone else because of the fact I came from the Old Line State. I just want to point out the fact that sometimes these people take for granted their beautiful surroundings, and their wonderful opportunity.

I've been asked many times why I came to Cincinnati to start a career.

I have two responses for them.

1. I love Toyota.

2. These Hills and this River.


Altered response for the Ladies


1. I would have never seen such beautiful eyes if I hadn't moved to Cincinnati 


I like to throw things in my blogs like that just cause I know my mom reads these and she is shaking her head right now. I could throw in some more grammatical errors for a similar affect but I figure some light hearted humor would do the trick instead.








No comments:

Post a Comment